Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Dreamforce is Coming!

I keep telling Paul Overy, my colleague and co-founder of Force Geeks, to start a blog. I think he'd be great at it. Here he is as a guest monkey, err, blogger. This is a reprint of a mailing Paul sent to the Salesforce.com New Hampshire User Group.

Dreamforce'09 is only 1 week away. Are you going?

Here are some things that you might find interesting:

- You can log in to the attendee portal to add sessions to your calendar. You can even have your updated calender emailed to you.

- A Dreamforce 2009 Tweet-up is scheduled for Tuesday night at 6pm. Originally planned by David Schach (@dschach), but Salesforce has agreed to host this event and give out free stuff. Hope to see you there!

- Another Tweet-up hosted by Model Metrics is scheduled for 8pm on Tuesday at Johnny Foley's Irish House. Stop by for a pint!

- Steve Anderson (@gokubi) wants you to join him next Wednesday in creating a collaborative document of the Dreamforce opening keynote using Google Wave. If you need an invitation to Google Wave, let me know and I'll send one.

- If you know of any parties, you can list them on the Dreamforce Party Planner, or you can just check out the spreadsheet to see what else is planned.

- If you still need a reason to get excited about Dreamforce, Salesforce is posting a count down of 8 reasons to get excited about Dreamforce.

That's all for now. Feel free to forward on links of your own.

Till next time,
Paul Overy
NHUG Co-Leader

2 comments:

  1. JP, thanks for the blog. I am reaching out to you to see if you might be kind enough to give me some direction or insight...I am working with a client near Boston that has asked me to help them locate and hire 2 Developers for their Salesforce implementation. I work with a number of clients in this same capacity, but this search is a bit different in the fact that these are full-time positions as opposed to contract positions and they are looking for SFDC certified developers to work on-site from their office. I apologize for being so forthcoming, since we have never spoken before, but I didn't know if you might be able to connect me with anyone that would be interested and qualified for opportunities like these. Possibly some folks that might be in the job market because they have been affected by the economy and would really benefit by hearing about opportunities like these. Thank you very much and if there is anything that I can do to return the favor, I would be happy to.

    Best regards,

    Jason VanDusen
    Vice President of Business Development

    Apollo Staffing, Inc.

    Office: (972) 996-0966

    Direct: (972) 847-0560

    jvandusen@apollostaffing.com

    www.apollostaffing.com



    Connect with me on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/jasonvandusen

    Check out my Business Blog: http://www.jasonvandusen.com





    "Never let the fear of striking out get in your way." - Babe Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi JP - thanks for the blog. I am working with a client near Boston who has asked me to help them locate and hire two SFDC certified developers for an on-site project. Do you know anyone that would be interested in opportunities like this? I would love to help out my client and assist a couple of people with great opportunties at the same time.

    Kind regards,

    Jason VanDusen
    VP Business Development
    972-966-0966
    jvandusen@apollostaffing.com

    ReplyDelete