Monday, November 10, 2008

Are These Buttons Too Sexy?



I love Steve Andersen's Salesforce.com-ish Button Creator. It makes buttons that have a similar look and style as the standard buttons created through the Salesforce.com user interface.

When I lost track of the URL to his button maker, however, I searched Google for some button-making goodness ... and found a few interesting sites.

The buttons on the lower portion of this screenshot come from www.buttongenerator.com. Very sexy, n'est pas?

Unfortunately, they're just a little TOO sexy. In order to make these buttons not look out of place, I'll have to spruce up the rest of the page -- maybe bring in some pretty graphics via the Google API, like Sam has been doing over on his Salesforce blog.

2 comments:

  1. JP, nice show of what can be done. I think it's a step in the right direction....maybe a little too glitzy, but cool. I think a main concern with buttons is their ease of identification. Five boring gray buttons across the top don't exactly jump out at you, but what happens when you identify a button with a color or an icon? It makes it easier to use. I'd like to see some new buttons come out Salesforce, but in the meantime, this is one option to bring more fun to the page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. JP, we may have different opinions on what's sexy, but hey... If it works for you, go for it. =)
    Thanks for the link to gokubi.com's button creator! That one I will most likely use instead of my ugly in-place S-Control showing a button.

    ReplyDelete